I am a sidepreneur apparently and this basically means that I’m constantly scrounging around for time. I wouldn’t consider myself a particularly stressed, anti-social weirdo, but that's just my opinion. So, by methods of deduction, I must have a few time saving tips and once I thought about what they are, I thought I would share them with you. Afterall, I think we could all do with conjuring up some extra minutes in the day. Here they are:
- Don’t be a perfectionist
- Don’t expand on lists if the list itself is self-explanatory. It just wastes time for those reading it and also you writing it.
- Multi-tasking is not a dirty word. I do my company’s Instagram often whilst sitting in the bathroom whilst my toddler is in the bath
- There are quick tasks and long tasks, a quick task you can do in between things, like whilst the rice is cooking. Don’t procrastinate, just do it, then cross it off your list and forget about it.
- Plan what you have to do in your head so when you have the time to do it you can jump straight in and do it. For example I plan and plot whilst riding my bicycle to work.
- Go out less but when you do make it count.
- Group similar tasks together, ie shower and clean the shower.
- Sleep well. Sleeping well= happy, happy=less arguments with your partner which takes time. This equals more time to do stuff.
- Do regular tasks at the same time each day. Establishing routines makes jobs quicker and more streamlined.
- Save fun jobs that you have on your list as a treat, so when you deserve a treat, you are still actually working. Ie, organizing my mailing list or files whilst watching a film.
What do you think of my tips? Am I a saddo? I’d love to hear your comments. PS I’m writing this as a ‘treat’.