“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” Albert Einstein
We all need a little bit of order, but below are 10 reasons why you should not beat yourself up about having a messy home.
- Because when you visit other people’s houses they normally tidy up before you come so it seems like their house is tidier than yours but its not true
- Because you spend your weekends going out and having fun not at staying at home being anally retentive
- Because its just going to get messy again in a few days
- Because relaxing and unwinding is more important
- Because its more realistic and sustainable to have an 80% tidy house than a 100% tidy house
- Because its just not your personality, and its too late to change it
- Because you might need some of those plastic bags / envelopes / markers / tuppaware countainers one day.
- Because if it was spotless you would have nothing to do on those lazy Sunday afternoons
- Because it makes your friends feel more comfortable coming over to a house that looks lived in, they can relax and not feel like they are messing everything up. Time this by 10 if they have kids
- Because creative genius’ often have mess desks – read this