Its been 2 months since our summer pop-up ended and there has been time to reflect on it. We thought it might be useful to share some of our learnings from the experience.
The pop-up was at Fount London just off East London's fashionable Broadway Market. We had the pop-up for 3 months from June to August 2016. The pop-up was a collaboration between ourselves- Goodordering and The Cycling Store.
The following is an ultra-distilled top 10 tips we would like to offer from our overall experience during the three months.
1) Get the local community involved
2) Put the customer first at Point of Sale
3) Make it a memorable experience
4) Capture as much data as possible for follow-up
5) Create an event calendar and stick to it
6) Make it authentic to your brand
7) Work out what your want to get out of it at the beginning
8) Address basic retail fundamentals - security, price tags etc
9) Tell the press about it and tell your story
10) After the pop-up, measure its success
If you would like to find out more about our pop-up experience please don't hesitate to contact us, i'm always keen to share knowledge especially over a coffee or a drink!
About the Author:
Jacqui Ma is the founder and designer of Goodordering, East London bag company. Former director of trends at WGSN, fashion forecasting company. Jacqui lives in East London with partner Mia, son otto and cat Darwin.