Bag Design 2 day course April 23, 24£400.00
This 2 day course is aimed at people who may be thinking about starting their own bag company, or designing bags to add to their collections. It includes a comprehensive amount of skills as well as industry knowledge. It will inform you about the bag industry in general, not just teach you how to design a bag but how to potentially run a bag business.
The group will only consist of 4 people, so spaces are limited.
This is a 2 day course: Monday 23rd/ Tuesday 24th April 2018
Hours for both days: 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Brief glossary of bags and terminology
- Mood boards and colour palettes
- Researching trends and consumers
- Positioning and the marketplace
- Bag trends
- Functionality and design
- How to present design ideas
- Your design ideas, pitch, questions and critique
- Bag construction: pattern making, dimensioning.
- Manufacturing: Options, Pros and cons of different types of manufcturing
- How to work with manufacturer
- How to draw up a manufacturing specification in illustrator or other program
- Costings & working out retail mark-ups
- Bringing your bag to market: Funding options, PR, Press for bags.
Days include: Lunch, refreshments and snacks.
Location: The Goodordering shop, 61A Hackney Road, London E27NX
Who will be teaching the course: Jacqui Ma has worked as a bag designer for 10+ years for brands including Puma, Debenhams, Microsoft, Virgin Atlantic, Jasper Conran and started Goodordering five years ago. Her passion for bags includes trend forecasting experience at WGSN and learnings from running her own successful bag brand.
During the 2 day course you will have a comprehensive knowledge of the bag industry and would have designed either a range of bags or a bag yourself. The result will be specification sheets for manufacturing, this course does NOT involve actually making the bags.
Level: You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required. If you are a designer, it is a plus.
Booking: Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum of 4 students. Book early to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions or if you cannot make these dates but are interested in different dates- please feel free to email email@example.com
Also, we offer a payment plan so please get in contact with us if this is something of interest.